Highlighted Main Ancestral Lines

Highlighted Main Ancestral Lines
How many Ancestors Can you Find?

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Preparing My Military Service Book as Rootstech 2014 Commences.

I am gladly knee deep in formatting my latest work for publication which should have been done a good while ago - preserving my own military service legacy in a written work.  It's hard not to specialize in military research after you have served and have so many family members who have not served.


     I know the cover isn't to rich on graphics and I have an idea for a relevant background image or two that would draw viewers in, but the writing is going really well within.  I am amazed at the number of names my brain can still recall - and a few that it is surprisingly struggling with!  It wasn't quite a lifetime ago (the 90's) but it is becoming more an more history each day that we don't preserve it.  Remembering how much easier it was just to find employment back then is truly remarkable compared to 2014 for most people even with degrees!  May America triumph over these tough times as well.

   Oh, also the table of contents aren't to exciting, but here is a shot of that as well:


Wishing I was at rootstech again, but I still keep very busy here with so much to do at home.
as always thanks for reading and remember to tell your military family members to record their stories too and soon before most is forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment